The Theatre was built in 1913 and was known as The Assembly Room. It functioned as a theatre, prize day venue, cinema, concert hall and dance venue for the town. In the second war dances were held here for the servicemen and women on the surrounding bases, both British and American, and it became a cinema on Fridays. In the sixties it was a popular venue for bands touring to promote their music and hosted the likes of Stevie Winwood, Eric Burdon and the Animals and even David Bowie.
It was rarely used from the mid 80’s onwards on except as an occasional badminton court until we took over in 2002 and it now hosts a wide selection of antiques, collectables and decorative pieces.
We are situated in the heart of the market town of Framlingham, Suffolk, just by Framlingham Castle.
We are open everyday except Sundays and Mondays and you are most welcome to come and browse.
We can arrange delivery to all parts of the UK.